Unicef– Google is sponsoring with the Unicef to help the children of Haiti whose lives have been affected by the earthquake. Click on the link to donate.
Red Cross – is the key organization being sponsored by the White House in an letter from President Obama. Click on the Red Cross link to donate or text “haiti” to 90999.
Yele Haiti Relief Fund – We highly recommend this organization as it has grassroots right in the heart of Haiti. Organized by musician (the Fugees) and native Haitian Wyclef Jean to help the people of Haiti, this is a great way to get money right to the people. For more on Yele and Wyclef’s efforts, please read our sister site, Blogcritics.org where writer Clayton Perry recently interviewed Wyclef. You may also text “YELE” to 501501 to send $5.
- The emergency hotline for family members of UN staff in Haiti – 212-963-4139
- Live blogging resource over at Posterous, set up by journalists and aid workders in the region:
- Center for International Disaster Information
To Give a Donation:
- Honor Albert Schweitzer on his birthday by donating to his hospital in Haiti, which is open and treating patients
- Doctors Without Borders
- Hope 4 Haiti
- International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent
- Oxfam (America | Great Britain)
- UNICEF (or call 1-800-4UNICEF)
- InterAction — the largest coalition of U.S.-based international nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) focused on the world’s poor and most vulnerable people